Yesterday I got ambitious and got up at six thirty to pull weeds in the cool of the morning. I had sprayed some of them, but others kept growing. Joan and I had started the project about a week ago. When we return from Houston we will plant the grass.
I have been doing some work on our genealogy on the Vinsonhaler line. I have hundreds of names to process. The line starts two generations before QV's sister married a Vinsonhaler. I've been in contact with a Vinsonhaler in Kansas and he has been very helpful by sending me what he had. I also have the death certrificates of some of my cousins. I have a picture of QV's sister and her wedding date information. I am going to try to secure her wedding certificate and it just might tell me who her father is. I am also going to the 1840 census record, now that I know where they lived. All in all we are keeping busy.
The next time we will put pictures on here. Joan has to outline everything I do to get on here. When it comes to a computer I can understand why it took me sixty years to get as dumb as I am.
I wish you could see our roses and wild flowers in our back yard. The hollyhocks are in full bloom and I have one rose bush that is blooming for the second time, a deep red clusters of roses and the bush is about five feet wide and covered with clusters of roses.
This next week we will be going over to attend the twins blessing. Salt Lake put out a letter last week that was read in sacrament that there shouldn't be over six people in the circle. So we will see. I had received a letter like that while I was still a Bishop, and it is tough to try to limit the circle.
As the days go by we are getting older and Joan grows more beautiful with each passing day. It is hard to believe it has been sixty years since we were married, It seems like yesterday. We love all of you.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
"A letter..." :) right! We'll look forward to pictures of your beautiful flowers! Can't wait to see you!
I LOVE YOU TOO DARLING>>> Its been a wonderful 60 years... :)
Oh, I would LOVE to see some pics of your flowers... When Bry and I get a house, I'll call you for some advice in the matter -- I want to have a LOT of flowers and maybe vegetable garden... :)
You're GREAT and I just can't wait to see you and spend so much time with you! that's SO exciting! Love ya! :)
Bruno says, What do you mean call me? Does that mean I wont have a bedroom in your house??
sounds like you are keeping really busy I need to get out and weed my garden want to come and help. We have about 9 or 10 rose bushes our selves and they bloom like crazy I love it
That is so sweet! I love to read love notes that people write to each other!! Sheesh...I live close and I haven't even looked out in the back to see the roses or hollyhocks!! I am coming over to see them...when I get my car back! Pres. Morris borrowed it on Sunday!
Wow sixty years, thats so cool. It must be amazing to be able to share so much of life with the same person. We're only going on 5 and I can't imagine anything better. We definatly need to come visit! But we are looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend!! You won't believe how big these Great grandchildren have gotten. Gaven is weighing in around 11lbs., and Charlee is around 9lbs. We will have to see if we can make it out soon to see that back yard. It sounds wonderful!!
Post a Comment