Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lazy Days

It seemed like forever, but the day finely arrived when we got our car back from the repair shop. It really looks nice. It had a big dimple in the trunk and a crushed back bumper. The thing that took so long was the paint which is a pearl color. It takes three layers and each had to be completely dry before they could put on the next one. After we picked up our car Joan drove it to the rental place that had rented us a car. The insurance paid for the rental . Joan was going to follow me because she wasn't quite certain where the place was. As it turned out, I turned out about a hundred yards from the place. She went on down to the Rental store to wait for her lost lamb. She then walked back to Bruce's office which was about a hundred yards and he walked with her back to the rental store. All is well that ends well.
I have contracted a deep cough and developed a pain through the right side of my chest, so I went to the Dr. yesterday. I drew the PA that is in our ward. He is a good man, but a little unsure of himself. He gave me a prescription for the cough, but wanted an X-Ray of my back. I took the prescription for the X=Ray and went around to back side of the building to get the X=Ray. It will be two weeks before I can get one.
On the other hand it was a beautiful sunshiny day. Joan's hand and arm are doing quite well. One day her hand hurts and the next day her arm aches. She smiles and bares the pain.
I have a question for Traci. What in the world is a Georgia School. You mentioned inviting people to a Georgia School. That is quite a way from Bloomington, Isn't it?
Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to get clear up into the high fifties and I expect to get my Sweet Peas set out. We are going to change some bushes out front and put in a larger patch of Pansies.
Joan is rapidly getting back to her old self and doing more work around the house than she should. But she is everything to me and she is the best medicine I could have. Love all of you Bruno.

4 comments:

Shersy said...

So sorry to hear about your cough and Grandma's wrist/arm pain. Glad that spring is here and the weather is nice! Have a wonderful day!

Becky said...

I think those sweet peas are going to bloom right there in your kitchen! Save the effort of cutting them and bringing them inside! Take care of each other and have a happy day.

GrannySharon said...

Awwww- such a sweet sentiment!! Love IS the best medicine! Want to help me plan my flowers this spring (if it ever comes??). I said PLAN not PLANT!! You don't have to do the work, I just need some ideas!!

Ola said...

Wow... looks like a LOT of stuff's been going on in there... take care and rty to get better before spring comes, so you're ready for it... :)