It has been a couple of days since I have put anything on this blog. That is a little silly to say that because all you have to do is look at the blog and you can tell that I have missed some time. Today has been lovely. 60 degrees in Salt Lake and I think that is about what it is here. We have some more storms coming starting Thursday so I wont have to turn the water on the yard.
I had an appointment with Dr. Halliday at 11:20 Am and got into the examining room at 12:30 PM. He had all kinds of excuses, but he worked my feet over and that helps. I have had lots of experience with doctors over the past month. Dr. Abarca sent me to Salt Lake to a specialist. I just as well have saved the money because he said the same thing Dr. Abarca said. He is a young doctor and hasn't had much, if any, work with Atrail fibrilation. Well My heart was in fibrilation and this young guy listened to my heart several times. I could tell he didn't have much experience with this sort of thing. My main concern was the cancer that my blood test said I had. He said they weren't going to treat it because it was slow growing and my heart would get me first. He said another reason they weren't going to treat it is I am too old and it would be a waste of good medication.
Joan and I both had a cold and it became very grievous. We went to the Dr. at about 8:00 PM and the PA living in our ward was on duty. My heart was again in fibrilation and when that happens it is very difficult to get a reading for blood pressure.. The heart starts skipping beats and one Dr. said it was only emptying out about 50%. The cardiologist said that is about what any heart pumps out. The nurse tried to get a readin and gave up. The PA came in and tried twice to get a reading and also gave up. He did call a couple of days later to see if we were OK. Tow cardiologists said it does not hurt my heard and the muscle is real good. I don't understand that. I was told that if my heart hadn't been so strong when the DR. gave me too many water pills that I might not have made it. Oh well so goes the battle.
Last night for home evening Bruce and Spencer came over. I had a four course meal. I had made split pea soup with ham and had let it simmer all day. It was good. Bruce and Spencer each had two bowls. Of course they thought that was all I had for dinner. I then put on the salad of lettice and tomatoes, after they were getting well filled I brought on the fried chicken and the mashed potatoes. We then had the lesson (which I taught) It was Pres. Hinckley's Testimony of Christ . I then served a home made pumpkin pie covered with cool whip. I tell you it was beautiful.
Tomorrow we have to go over to Provo for a final check on my hearing aids. The warrenty is up on the 31st. Love all of you people. GG and Bruno
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. Sounds like dinner was scrumptious! Keep keeping us informed!
Your dinner and home evening sound really nice! Hope the health stuff all gets figured out. I'm glad you're writing it all down here.
So looking forward to seeing you! You'll have to let DJ cook for you. He does a great job on the weekends for us here! It will be fun to have a Family Home Evening with you too. Sorry the health isn't better - but what do they say - youth is in your mind anyway?!? Loves!
Post a Comment